Beet hummus is made just like regular hummus, but with a twist. Adding a couple oven roasted beets, along with chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, and garlic, really brings out the flavors. I added basil pesto and fresh oregano leaves on mine. It’s super colorful and rich in flavors!
This hummus can be eaten with almost any cracker or your favorite vegetable. I like to eat mine with carrots or celery sticks. The hummus texture is soft and is the perfect texture to be able to scoop and munch!
Beets are one of my favorite plants to add to my meals, but why? Because they’re super vibrant, rich in flavor, and can turn the tint of any dish into a colorful masterpiece (gotta make things look artsy).
Why is this beet hummus recipe Bangin’? (AKA, the best). Beets are a super healthy vegetable and contain powerful properties that fight against inflammation and help aid in detoxifying your body. While chickpeas on the other hand, are also super healthy and are naturally gluten-free, which is a great option for anyone that has a gluten sensitive. Chickpeas are also high in fiber, which aids in overall gut health.
Chickpeas + Beets = Bangin’ Beet Hummus = A happy person that enjoys feeling healthy while also receiving action-packed nutrients.
BEET HUMMUS RECIPE VIDEO
Here’s a step-by-step recipe video on how I made this recipe. Check it out below!
HOW CAN YOU MAKE THIS BEET HUMMUS
Making beet hummus is a super easy process. Roasting the beets is the only thing that takes some time (which is also a piece of cake). Here are the steps:
- Roast the beets in oven: Use an oven-safe pot with cover and roast for 60 minutes at 400F
- Gather all hummus ingredients: Use a blender that’s powerful (I use a Vitamix) and add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, and a pinch of sea salt
- Add the roasted beets to the high-powered blender: Once they’re done roasting, add them to the blender
- Start blending: Takes only 1 minute to make, or until it becomes smooth, creamy, and turns into a vibrant masterpiece!
- Make it look pretty: Time to add that garnish! I added basil pesto and fresh oregano
Check out the printable recipe with details below.
If you make this beet hummus or any other version of it that you enjoy, I would love to hear about it down in the comments below!
Here’s the printable recipe
ROASTED BEET HUMMUS
- 2 cups medium/large Beets
- 2 cups chickpeas (or 2 cans)
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
GARNISH (MAKE IT LOOK PRETTY)
- Olive oil
- Basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Wash beets, then place them in an oven-safe pot, on top of baking sheet. Lightly massage in olive oil or avocado oil, cover the pot and roast in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Once done, turn off stove and grab the beets from the oven, cut the ends off.
- In the high-powered blender (I use a Vitamix), add the chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, salt, garlic, and beets. Blend for 1 minute or when the texture of hummus becomes creamy and smooth.
- Scoop the hummus off of the blender and place into a serving bowl, garnish with a splash of olive oil, basil pesto, and some fresh oregano leafs.